Having your map globally approved means it'll be put into a global map list making it possible for players to compete against each others globally on the map. You can find examples of this behaviour on GOKZStats for example.
NOTE: Only the mapper can request for their map to be globalled.
- Mapper starts map and considers The Global Map Standards
- Mapper releases test versions and has someone test it. Maybe the KZ Mapping discord, thread on the forums or the CSGO KZ discord.
- Mapper feels their map is done and uploads it to the workshop. Tutorial.
- Mapper goes to the forums and submit their map. Read how to below.
- Map Approval Group test the map.
- Map Approval Group votes on the map and sets the tier.
- Once your submission has reached an adequate number of approval votes, your map will be added to the next global map release and you will receive a response on your submission. Any rejection will be posted on your submission with details on why it did not fit the global map guidelines.
- If the map got rejected: Go back to step 2.
- Map gets included in the next available batch.
How to submit your map on the forum
- Start a discussion in the Map Submission section.
- Title the application as your map's name
- Replace the post content with your information
If you don't know what modes your map is possible on, just mention that.
What are courses and tier?
Let’s say you have one main start and end timer, and two bonus start and end timers you would have 3 courses.
Tier is a number between 1-7 where 1 is the easiest and 7 is the hardest. Follow this guide if you’re not sure:
- Someone who just knows how to air strafe can complete these maps.
- Requires basic knowledge of other KZ mechanics like longjumping, bhop, ladders, surfs.
- Anything in between. New players may get stuck but can finish with help/perseverance.
- Intended for experienced players only. Starts really requiring strafes and 'basic' tech.
- Experienced players may get stuck. Requires decent knowledge of advanced techniques.
- Challenge maps requiring well-executed tech, high quality strafes and/or everything else throughout.
- Requires near flawless execution and technical precision throughout, employs any and all advanced techniques.
The Map Approval Team will then review your submission and advise you further if necessary.