KZ Profile has been updated once again. User experience in general has been improved to be more intuitive and easy to use with a consistent design across all pages. Also a ton of new features have been added to take a better advantage of all the API functionalities.
For a TLDR version you can check out the list with all the new features, changes and bug fixes at the end of the post. For the juice details, here’s everything that has been added:
KZ videos library
KZ Profile is now also a HUGE library of kz videos with over 500 manually selected runs available on youtube.
Want to know how to improve your times or what the best route is? Just search the map you’re interested in and click the thumbnail. A modal will appear with a youtube video of the best run I could find on youtube alongside a high quality image of the map and its workshop link so server owners don’t have to search it themselves.
The library will be constantly updated whenever a better video/run is posted on youtube. If you think you have a better video than the one currently displayed by the site or you just want to contribute to the project by submitting a run for a map that’s lacking a video you can do both via this link. You can also check out all maps that currently don’t have a youtube video here.
The user interface used to be inconsistent across profile, maps and recent pages. You could only search for maps while in maps page and the same text field in the navbar had different purposes making it confusing to use.
Now, the design has been unified with the same smart search on every page. It doesn’t matter what you want to find, you can do it from this input. It supports all this formats:
Even further you don’t even have to click the search input, just start typing and the site will automatically set focus on it.
A new section for community related stuff has been added.
- A robust player search page so you can easily find any kzer you want. Try the standard search for a list of players that meet the criteria or the “Fell Lucky” option for a smart search done by the API.
- A page that displays all globally approved servers each one with a direct connect button.
- A bans page for browsing most recent bans or specific ones by Steam ID. Every ban displays the reason, a colored expiration date, the time passed since the ban and ban notes if applicable.
- WRs leaderboards for all game modes and run types. I’m not 100% pleased with the design so expect visual improvements alongside total points and jumpstats leaderboards in the near future.
KZ Profile wouldn’t be a complete sharable profile without vanity URLs. Now you can share your statistics with a clean and personalized link using your alias after a “p=” parameter.
As this site is completely static, it uses Steam’s vanity URLs. For example:
You can still add all other supported parameters to the link if you want to (mode, run and jumpstat).
Now you can check the WR history and time distributions of every global map in two cleanly designed charts powered by chart.js.
Just press the arrow icon in the table title to show how the WR time has changed since the map was globally approved. It’s easy to see for how long a WR was held and an accent color is used to represent for how long the current one has been standing.
A different chart below shows how times are distributed across all players, highlighting the WR time and you PB if applicable.
Both charts support bonuses too.
For better ease of access I’ve implemented Steam login so players no longer have to find their Steam ID to start using all the features.
That is it for the new features. Below you can find a TLDR version and every bug fix:
- Clicking the map thumbnail shows a modal with a youtube video of the map (500+ maps), high quality image and workshop link.
- Share your videos here. Find out what maps lack videos here.
- Consistent smart search across all pages. Supported formats: steamid, steamid64, steam profiles, kz maps with autocomplete, player search by name.
- Smart search autofocus on keypress (both features suggested by Zealain).
- Vanity URLs using Steam’s profiles (suggested by anon). Example:
. My Steam Profile URL is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Syuks
. Then my KZ Profile URL is: https://kzprofile.com?p=Syuks
- New Page: Player search by name with extra “Feel Lucky” option for smart search done by API.
- New Page: Globally approved servers list with direct connect buttons.
- New Page: Recent global bans with relevant information and player ban search by steamid.
- New Page: WRs Leaderboards across all game modes and run types (WIP) (suggested by IvanB).
- Statistics: WR history and time distributions charts in maps page (support bonuses too).
- Steam Login (suggested by IvanB).
Changes and Bug Fixes:
- Fixed tier label not appearing in maps page when ranking data was small.
- Fixed no binded jumpstats (thanks Zpamm and sorry snabbis).
- Https protocol redirection (thanks Zealain).
- Better Steam API Proxy (thanks Jose.js!).
- Recent page now loads cards correctly without text overflow.
- Recent page in mobile now shows a “show more” arrow beneath both pro and tp last visible card.
- Winter Nebs achievement has been fixed (thanks smieszneznaczki and nykaN).
- Maps page now displays kz_zxp_interstellar as default map to prevent confusion for first time visitors. After the first map search, it’ll show last map searched.
- Clicking the table’s refresh button when no jumpstat has been selected no longer gives an error (thanks rush2sk8!).
- While in maps page, changing game mode or run type no longer resets map stage (bonuses).
- Non global maps with times now display “NOT GLOBAL” in the tier label.
- Clicking a player name or avatar in the recent page now takes you to the player’s profile in the correct game mode and run type.
- Your preferred game mode and run type are only saved when you are viewing your profile.
- Alert message added when not logged in while on index page without player data.